Here for your perusal is the opening few paragraphs of the short story I am writing for my Creative Writing module at the University of Central Lancashire, this is the third incarnation of the same opening, It went from 3rd person to 1st person, and now the back story and narrative have changed so I’ve had to cut my losses with almost all of the 2k words I wrote for the 1st person draft of my story and now here I am, 1,147 words of a 4,000 target.
Enjoy, comment with any suggestions if you have them, I appreciate all feedback I can get.
- Creative Writing Courses, Yay or Nay by Lisa Jenkins (thehorrificallyhorrifyinghorrorblog.wordpress.com)
- Omara: A short story (thegeekiestgirl.wordpress.com)
- Leave It All Behind – 50 Word Story. (wordsformwindows.com)
- Create Your Own Collection of Writing Prompts (writeorrevisedaily.wordpress.com)
- Too Many Interests with Too Little Time to Write about Them (wendykomancheckswriting.wordpress.com)
- The Five Elements of a Short Story (writerswritedaily.wordpress.com)