Again the people over at Ermilia’s blog have posted another Picture It & Write article. Unfortunately I’m behind at the moment so this is last weeks and then I am going to post the most recent one after this. For those who don’t know what this is, they post a picture and then write a brief story about the image. They then ask for you to join in, your can either carry on their story or write your own. You can also do poetry and even something in another language (providing there is a translation posted along with it). I encourage everyone to give it a go because it helps get the “creative juices” flowing. My entry is below the image
I stood there taking the smells of the forest. The damp mossy scent of the undergrowth. The bark of the trees, the earth. It all combined to create something, beautiful. But death, death was far from beautiful and the scent of the world round be contradicted that. When death came into the occasion, the mossy scent of the undergrowth took another turn, reminding me that soon my body would be buried in the earth. Worms crawling round my rotting corpse.
Death was beautiful, it provided me a release and sense of peace that I would never have been able to have in this world. There have been stories about people who have died because of a broken heart, I am one of those, but instead I’m choosing death.
I take one more look at the surroundings, I smell the smells and I breath the cold winter air. I look down, I look through the floor and I see the other side.
One step, and I’m free. I’m falling.
- Poem in Response to We Write Poems (margoroby.wordpress.com)
- The Anniversary (nightlysky.wordpress.com)
- Write, Eat, Drink, Sleep, Repeat. (talesfromthemotherland.wordpress.com)
- I wandered lonely as a cloud. (lostcollegewriting.wordpress.com)
- Dancing with Words: Interview with Poet Janet Ruth Heller (wordcrushes.wordpress.com)
- Scent Poem (tasmith1122.wordpress.com)
- Picture It & Write – My Submission (wordsformwindows.com)
- That smell (woodennickel.wordpress.com)
- The Girl Effect (pencilgirlblogs.wordpress.com)
- “This is the Lie” a post for “__Picture it & Write” (thesundaymail.wordpress.com)
- Vintage textbooks (simpleverity.wordpress.com)