What is this! For Creative Writing this semester I have two parts to my assignment, a 4000 word short story and a learning journal and reflection essay.
Each of those thing are worth 50% of my final mark.
That has only just dawned on me properly aha, but so has the fact that really 4000 words is nothing either. The articles I write on here that are like 600+ words normally on take around 20-30 minutes so 4000 words isn’t much, 4000 GOOD words on the other hand?
And what are you even supposed to write in a learning journal. I have a good thing I can write about going through the idea generation but we have to look at research, that is the bit that I’m going to struggle with the most. I like to write in my own style and my own way and I haven’t read any short stories that have inspired me to think I want to write in that style. I guess I’ll have to get reading then. Damn.
- GUEST BLOG POST: How Can I Be A Teacher of Writers? (twowritingteachers.wordpress.com)
- An Update (wordsformwindows.com)
- Wordsmith Wednesday – Writing Journals (liv2write2day.wordpress.com)
- Why Keeping a Journal Is Good Medicine (everydayhealth.com)
- Revival of competitions? (charioteers.org)